Friday, April 18, 2014

Cake Recipes: Easter Lamb Cake II


Feb 26, 2007

I am so happy to see that other families have this tradition! In my family, we’ve nicknamed it “Lambie cake” and we’ve had the molds forever…! We always do a chocolate cake, but I’m excited to try a white cake (especially for my grandma who can no longer eat chocolate) this year. Our traditional way of decorating includes white frosting with coconut for fleece, and sit the lamb in a bed of bright spring green-tinted coconut grass surrounded by jelly beans and chocolate foiled eggs. It looks so adorable! We also use jelly beans for the eyes and nose. Tradition: half of a black jellybean for each eye and half of a pink jellybean for the nose. Black works fine for the nose too. When I was little my mom would also add a flower made of icing or hardened sugar, with or without a slim, pretty ribbon, around the little lamb’s neck.


 



Allrecipes Daily Recipes for Desserts



Cake Recipes: Easter Lamb Cake II

No comments:

Post a Comment