Sunday, April 20, 2014

Christmas Recipes: Cranberry Upside-Down Sour Cream Cake


Jan 01, 2013

This cake was delicious and pretty easy to make – I am not a baker, savoury is more my speed, but I was asked to bring a nut safe dessert to a New Year’s Eve dinner and fortunately this one caught my attention. I made it pretty much according to the recipe, though combined suggestions from two other reviewers (Thank you Justina & Dianna): I added the zest of 1 orange (naval orange, I think) into step 2 (with the butter, sugar, cinnamon & cranberries); the juice of 1/2 an orange (naval) to the batter; and arranged seedless mandarin orange slices (about 2 oranges worth) in the bottom of the cake pan before adding the cranberry mixture. I also made the vanilla sauce that Justina described in her review (1/2C melted butter, 1C sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2C evaporated milk), but at the last minute zested another orange into it – it was divine! It looked as delicious as it tasted!! My only concern now is that people are going to expect that I can bake!! Thank you AllRecipes & thank you reviewers – it was a huge hit ;)


 



Allrecipes Daily Recipes for Holidays and Events



Christmas Recipes: Cranberry Upside-Down Sour Cream Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment